BEST LAWYERS Publications Managing Editor
- Compile business, political, social, and cultural law-related editorial stories and features for quarterly magazines (multi-annual custom publications, quarterly “Business Editions,” and annual “Legal Issue” and “Best Law Firms” created in correspondence with U.S. News & World Report).
- Copyedit all editorial content using the Chicago Manual of Style and house style guide, then proofread printed magazine before publication.
- Write and edit feature stories, short news-related articles, lawyer profile pieces, other editorial components, and advertorial content.
- Manage team of in-house and freelance writers to meet tight deadlines.
MEDIAPLANET Freelance Writer
- Write advertorial and editorial content for the insets in magazines on tight deadlines.
- Conduct interviews with entrepreneurs and leading industry professionals about their experiences for inset articles.
SCHOLASTIC Freelance Copy Editor/Proofreader
- Copyedit and proofread manuscripts physically and electronically using the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster as guides. Update novel-specific style guides if necessary.
- Most novels worked on are young adult fiction and children’s fiction.
- Complete edits meeting tight deadlines to ensure that novels are published on time.
PARKSBYNATURE NETWORK Writer/Editor/Social Media Manager
January 2015–June 2016
- Wrote blog entries that consistently brought in highest views. Managed editorial schedule and copyedited blog posts before publishing through WordPress.
- Wrote copy for apps, keyword-focused SEO title tags and meta descriptions for websites, social media copy, landing pages, press releases, product guides, email newsletters, and sponsor-related marketing copy.
- Managed and built 12 social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr). Developed social media strategy and created weekly analytics reports.
THE WILD HONEY PIE Writer/Copy Editor/Social Media Manager/Partnerships
October 2013–September 2015
- Wrote marketing emails to gain sponsors for events. Received the highest amount of responses and brought in the most brands while on the team.
- Head copy editor for site. Oversaw editing, formatting, and fact checking of all posts in accordance with the house style guide and Associated Press Stylebook.
- Wrote social media copy and created analytics reports for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
DIGITAL MARKETING CERTIFICATE Coursera, 2016
COPYEDITING CERTIFICATE Mediabistro, 2013
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, Binghamton, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing and Italian, 2011
UNIVERSITÁ DI SIENA Siena, Italy
Study Abroad, 2010