BEST LAWYERS Publications Managing Editor
- Compile business, political, social, and cultural law- and business-related editorial stories and features for magazines (multi-annual custom publications, quarterly “Business Editions,” and annual “Legal Issue” and “Best Law Firms” created in correspondence with U.S. News & World Report).
- Redesign website and overhaul content from print to digital. Helped bring digital viewership from 1.5 million to 3.5 million through social strategy, SEO optimization, and analytics assistance.
- Copyedit all print and web editorial content using the Chicago Manual of Style and house style guide, then proofread printed magazine before publication.
- Write and edit feature stories, short news-related articles, lawyer profile pieces, other editorial components, and advertorial content for print and digital.
- Manage all in-house and freelance writers to meet tight deadlines.
BOOKBRIGHT MEDIA Freelance Copy Editor
- Copyedit academic and fictional manuscripts that span a vast array of topics (environmental, health, current events, grammar, etc.), including reference pages and appendices.
- Edit adhering to U.K. and U.S. English preferred styles depending on the origin of the work and using the house style guide.
- Ensure consistency throughout all pieces while maintaining an author’s intended and unique voice.
MEDIAPLANET Freelance Writer
- Write advertorial and editorial content for the insets in magazines on tight deadlines.
- Conduct interviews with entrepreneurs and leading industry professionals about their experiences for inset articles.
SCHOLASTIC Freelance Copy Editor/Proofreader
- Copyedit and proofread manuscripts physically and electronically using the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster as guides. Update novel-specific style guides if necessary.
- Most novels worked on are young adult fiction and children’s fiction.
- Complete edits meeting tight deadlines to ensure that novels are published on time.
PARKSBYNATURE NETWORK Writer/Editor/Social Media Manager
January 2015–June 2016
- Wrote blog entries that consistently brought in highest views. Managed editorial schedule and copyedited blog posts before publishing through WordPress.
- Wrote copy for apps, keyword-focused SEO title tags and meta descriptions for websites, social media copy, landing pages, press releases, product guides, email newsletters, and sponsor-related marketing copy.
- Managed and built 12 social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr). Developed social media strategy and created weekly analytics reports.
DIGITAL MARKETING CERTIFICATE Coursera, 2016
COPYEDITING CERTIFICATE Mediabistro, 2013
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, Binghamton, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing and Italian, 2011
UNIVERSITÁ DI SIENA Siena, Italy
Study Abroad, 2010