BEST LAWYERS Publications Managing Editor
- Compile business, political, social, and cultural law- and business-related editorial stories and features for magazines (multi-annual custom publications, quarterly “Business Editions,” and annual “Legal Issue” and “Best Law Firms” created in correspondence with U.S. News & World Report).
- Choose creative direction and themes for magazines and work with freelance writers and design team to publish dynamic and unique publications each quarter.
- Redesign website and overhaul content from print to digital. Helped bring digital viewership from 1.5 million to 3.5 million through social strategy, SEO optimization, analytics assistance, and marketing.
- Copyedit all print and web editorial content using the Chicago Manual of Style and house style guide, then proofread printed magazine before publication.
- Write and edit feature stories, short news-related articles, lawyer profile pieces, other editorial components, and advertorial content for print and digital.
BOOKBRIGHT MEDIA Freelance Copy Editor
- Copyedit academic and fictional manuscripts that span a vast array of topics (environmental, health, current events, grammar, etc.), including reference pages and appendices.
- Edit adhering to U.K. and U.S. English preferred styles depending on the origin of the work and using the house style guide.
- Ensure consistency throughout all pieces while maintaining an author’s intended and unique voice.
MEDIAPLANET Freelance Writer
- Write advertorial and editorial content for the insets in magazines on tight deadlines.
- Conduct interviews with entrepreneurs and leading industry professionals about their experiences for inset articles.
SCHOLASTIC Freelance Copy Editor/Proofreader
- Copyedit and proofread manuscripts physically and electronically using the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster as guides. Update novel-specific style guides if necessary.
- Most novels worked on are young adult fiction and children’s fiction.
- Complete edits meeting tight deadlines to ensure that novels are published on time.
CULINARY AGENTS Freelance Copywriter/Editor
July 2016–September 2016
- Wrote landing page copy and blog content to assist with the launch of the site’s Resources section. Successfully launched page within two weeks of working with the team.
- Edited existing content to reflect the brand’s voice in a concise and engaging way.
- Crafted new social media copy and developed a new social media strategy.
THE WEBSITE ARCHITECTS Copywriter/Social Media Marketing Strategist
January 2015–July 2016
- Wrote copy for West Coast Stock Car Hall of Fame Twitter and Facebook accounts. More than quadrupled followers in less than a year.
- Created blog articles, website copy, and landing pages that accurately reflected clients’ brands.
PARKSBYNATURE NETWORK Writer/Editor/Social Media Manager
January 2015–June 2016
- Wrote blog entries that consistently brought in highest views. Managed editorial schedule and copyedited blog posts before publishing through WordPress.
- Wrote copy for apps, keyword-focused SEO title tags and meta descriptions for websites, social media copy, landing pages, press releases, product guides, email newsletters, and sponsor-related marketing copy.
- Managed and built 12 social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr). Developed social media strategy and created weekly analytics reports.
THE WILD HONEY PIE Writer/Copy Editor/Social Media Manager/Partnerships
October 2013–September 2015
- Wrote and copyedited blog posts in accordance with the house style guide and the Associated Press Stylebook.
- Wrote marketing emails to gain sponsors for events. Received the highest amount of responses and brought in the most brands while on the team.
- Wrote social media copy and created analytics reports for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
DIGITAL MARKETING CERTIFICATE Coursera, 2016
COPYEDITING CERTIFICATE Mediabistro, 2013
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, Binghamton, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing and Italian, 2011
UNIVERSITÁ DI SIENA Siena, Italy
Study Abroad, 2010